Currently playing:
"Cool" by Gwen Stefani
I just watched Steve Harvey's
motivational video last night, and it kept lynching on my mind like my favorite
song, and no wonder, it has to be one of the timely messages I've been praying for.
He talked about taking chances and exploring what God has planned for your life. But he requires something we all know, but so afraid to do, we have to JUMP.
I
did a little research about this man and I found out that apart from the Legendary Host he is today, he spent his early twenties experimenting with all kinds of jobs: postman,
insurance salesman, and even tried boxing for a living.
It wasn’t until 1985
that Harvey found his true calling while performing standup comedy for the
first time. After several years of performing in small comedy clubs, Harvey
finally got the breakthrough, and the rest is a fullness of God's faithfulness
in his life.
When I think about jumping, there's no way I wouldn't think about cliff diving, skydiving, Bungee jumping, and all other intense activities. And all I can think about is FALLING or FLYING. But see, they have one common factor, all these breathtaking moments requires courage. But not all people have the guts to take the adventure into extreme. Sometimes, its better off in our comfort zone.
Here are my reflections based on his powerful message:
Here are my reflections based on his powerful message:
1. “If you want to be successful, here is the thing you have to do. You have to jump, there is no way around it you have to jump. You cannot just exist in this life. ”
Harvey, clearly pointed out that if we want to be successful in this life, at one point we have to decide to JUMP, and take a leap of faith, and see how it goes. True enough, as i recall God's promise in Jeremiah 29: 11, "I have plans for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm, plans to give you a hope and a future". There's no way, God has planned adversely in our lives, the Bible said it precisely, that he meant nothing but goodness and fullness of life here on earth & beyond eternity.
2. “God, when he created all of us, He gave every last one of us a gift at birth. He never created a soul without endowing them with a gift. You've got to identity that gift. "

As James 1:17 said, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
How
beautiful it is to amiably realize that we are God’s masterpiece, and that we
are wonderfully and fearfully made (Psalm 139:14) with distinct individuality
and uniqueness. This reminds me not to be insecure in this fallen world, but focus
on nurturing what God has given me. It is our old and sinful nature that makes
us insecure and uncomfortable with our skin, achievements and stature, but with God, we are nothing but
masterpiece and precious gems. I always pray to see myself in God’s eyes, and
not in someone else perception of me. And be able to use his Gift in this lifetime.
3. "If you don’t use your gift, that education is only gonna take you so far. The only way for you to soar is you got to jump."
Harvey made a good point here, sometimes we
thought that being able to finish college or some sort, will eventually take
you to places, but based on my experience, Education is just one way, but not an absolute trail to success. Sad reality. But True. We have to figure out other Gift's endowed to us by God, and maximize it.
For some, success is not an overnight
process. It takes time, it takes consistency, it takes FAITH and most of all,
it takes risk. If you don’t ever
use it you’re gonna just go to work. And if you’re getting up going to work on
the the job every day that you hate – that ain’t living man. You’re just
existing! At one point in time, you ought to see what living’s like but the
only way to see what living’s like is you gotta jump. (hey, hey)
4. "But if you don’t jump, your parachute will never open. You’ll never know what God really has for you"
Yes, we can play it safe. But we may grow old and weary thinking "What if, at least I tried? What if I never stop dreaming? What If I grab that ticket and travel the world? What if I took my Masteral? What if I worked abroad? What if I never settled for what's seemingly laid and fine? What Life would be? If only I try. True enough, jumping won't be an easy breezy but God promised that it will be worth it. The only rival of our dreams would be ourselves. Regrets are memories made, says my friend Adele.
But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everything we hoped for or prayed for will be answered the way we want it to be, but what I am certain about is that everything will work together for Good, whether we fail or we soar. God has greater and deeper purpose with our pain, and success.
I am writing this NOT because I have done these all, but I am writing this at the moment where I exactly needed this revelations from God. And I pray that one day I will stumble upon this post, and get to realize the Faithfulness of God in my life, through bits and pieces. I pray whatever hiatus of life you are in, you'll one day decide to JUMP and Take God open the parachute.
Love,
Nikka




