Mga Pahina

Huwebes

You are my sweetest downfall - Samson & Delilah

I'm a diehard fan of romantic/chic-flick/feel good stories!
This exempt me from those creepy horror movies which gives me sleepless nights!

One of my fave is the Samson & Delilah's story from the book of Judges.
It was a concoction of Love, lies and loss. And yes, so much more.
Let me share with you my thoughts & life-realizations as I went along their story.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED.

Delilah uses the same tactic used by the woman in Timnath, Jud. 4:16-17. She played the “if you loved me you would” trick. The Bible implies that she begged, pleaded, whined and cried day after day, all day long. After a short while, her persistence wore Samson down.

Have you ever experienced “pressure” from someone else’s persistence? To the point wherein you were not able to stand firm on your principle because you can no longer yell NO!  We often measure Love in our own selfish context, that if somebody loves us, “he will & he will not” do such things. BUT we forgot that “Love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not self-seeking, and a lot more. (Okaaay, ouchy for me too, for at times I’m being like this as well hihi)

Again, what Delilah did was a vivid illustration how sin works in our lives. Sin is persistent & most of all hammer us with constant pressure until we fell down our knees. Very true right? If we feel pressured, we won’t be able to think wisely, worse we may not be able to get out of the grip. If we feel pressured in any way, we should PRAY, earnestly pray because only God can break down any strong holds in our life.

Another thing, we should always focus on what God has envisioned us to be, how? by spending time ALONE with him, pray with him, talk to him, and most especially LISTEN to his voice and act on it. This world is crazy, full of lustful temptations, we can't overcome it by our own might, but God is able. ("I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.") John 16:33.

Just like Samson, we are vulnerable to sin, we are weak, and selfish. We are imperfect in all our ways, that's one of the greatest realization I had through the course of studying Samson's downfall, that we are created to DEPEND on God, because he is mighty, perfect in all his ways, faultless by nature. Oh Lord, thank you for being the well spring of love, hope, and forgiveness.

MY PRAYER.

Lord, I accept that I am weak, shallow and level-headed, I am coming to you, surrendering every bit of my flawed body and spirit, Heal me, Nurture me with your love, and let you light shine upon me so everyone could see your Holiness and Goodness. May you always help us to say NO to temptation, correct our wrong motives, for us to clearly hear your voice and walk in your righteous ways. Amen.